Tuesday, March 27, 2007

AWKWARD

I was not one of the cool kids at school. I wore mildly unfashionable clothes, read too much and said too little. Popularity wise, I existed in a weird bubble all my own, flitting between the band dorks, the Christians, the athletes, and one or two popular girls. This may be because I was one of the most ridiculously awkward people I knew, perhaps second only in epic awkwardness to the guy with whom I was voted “Tallest” in my senior class. Luckily, however, through the magical power of the blahgosphere, I have found someone whose awkward exploits are just as cringe-inducing and much better written. That person is Justin, whose blog Awkward Things I Say to Girls has left me speechless with thrilling and inspired nuggets like “You Have Really Good Proportions” and “I’d Like More of You in My Lifestyle” and most especially, the classic “Why Geeks Make Good Lovers.” This last is a wickedly logical point by point version of the one I embarrassingly, but determindly, tried to impress upon a group of eighth grade girls during a project presentation in high school. Sadly, my zealous argument that Geeks Are Hot was completely derailed by my partner, the Acknowledged Cute, Mysterious Yet Athletic Guy of my year. Everytime I attempted to guide these girls towards the truth about the untapped potential of geek love, he would smile shyly and winningly and I knew they were a Lost Cause to the irresistible scent of Eau du Jocque. Sigh.

1 comment:

DJ Pagan Poop said...

being awkward is way better than not being awkward usually it steers one away from feeling compelled to do drugs, the drugs make the people awkward, it is what everyone strives to be, i await your list on bated breath